July 12, 2021 - July 16, 2021
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING COVID-19 MEASURES:
- Parents must take and record child’s temperature prior to leaving the home each morning. This will be re-checked by our staff prior to the parent’s departure each morning.
- If your child has one or more of these COVID-19 symptoms that are new, worsening or not related to other known causes: fever; cough; shortness of breath; loss of sense of smell or taste: Your child is legally required* to isolate & a COVID test is recommended. DO NOT COME TO CAMP. PLEASE CALL TO ADVISE US WHAT IS HAPPENING.
- If your child has one or more of these COVID-19 symptoms that are new, worsening or not related to other known causes (and none of the previously listed symptoms): chills; sore throat or painful swallowing; runny nose or congestion; feeling unwell or fatigued; nausea or vomiting or diarrhea; unexplained loss of appetite; muscle or joint aches; headache; conjunctivitis (pink eye):
- Your child has one symptom listed above – Wait and stay home for 24 hours. Call Safety City to give an update. If they start to feel better, they can return to camp once all symptoms have been gone for 24 hours. If your child gets another symptom of worsens, they need to isolate and a COVID test is recommended.
- Your child has two or more symptoms listed above – stay home, they need to isolate and a COVID test is recommended. Call Safety City to give an update. If they start to feel better, they can return to camp once all symptoms have been gone for 24 hours. If your child gets another symptom of worsens, they need to isolate and a COVID test is recommended.
- Please note this list may be updated at any time to follow current AHS guidelines.
- Drop-off and pick-up of all children will occur OUTSIDE, or in our front lobby in the event of poor weather. Only one family will be permitted at the drop-off point at a time. If another family is there already, please maintain a minimum of 2 metres / 6 feet away. You will be notified by staff when you can approach. Sign-in to programs is required – we will disinfect between each drop-off to ensure everyone’s safety. We will also be keeping records of the names of all people picking up or dropping off children.
- Frequent hand-washing and cleaning will be a part of our regular routine, each and every day. This goes for staff and participants.
- If there are any other changes or information we need to share, we will contact all participants. We will also post all updates on our Facebook page.
- Please remind your children about social distancing, masking and hand-washing/sanitizing as they will need to adhere to these measures while participating in camp.
**If you or anyone in your home is tested and that test comes back positive during or within 2 weeks of your time with us, please contact Safety City immediately so we may advise all other families. Our main goal is to keep everyone safe while having fun.
This is a full day summer camp, running from 9:00am – 3:00pm daily, Monday – Friday. Registration closes the Monday prior to Camp week. Please register early.
We also offer FREE before (as early as 8:00am) and after (as late as 5:00pm) care. Please let us know if you will be taking advantage of this option to ensure we have adequate staff on hand. Your child may not simply be dropped off nor left here without signing up in ADVANCE.
Please send the following with your child each day:
- Lunch, snacks, water (no peanuts please) – no sharing allowed & our water fountain will be open, however not recommended. Please ensure a lunch kit is used to contain all food and that your child is able to open bags and containers.
- Bug spray – we advise having your child sprayed prior to drop off – our staff can reapply later in the day if a spray is provided. (Aerosol preferred.)
- Sunscreen – we can only help apply if this is a spray sunscreen. No sharing (except between family members living in the same house.) We recommend applying sunscreen BEFORE attending camp.
- Extra clothes in case of spills – please send in a clearly labelled plastic bag within the child’s back pack.
- Dress your child for the weather daily – please remember weather can change as the day progresses. We cannot supply extra clothing.
- Bike helmet – we often ride scooters/quads in the streetscape.
We will send home a detailed list as well on day one as to what will be needed each day. Bikes are NOT needed on the first day of camp.
Venue: Red Deer Safety City Society
Venue Phone: 403.314.9914
Venue Website: https://safetycity.ca/Address: